|| UDM in PPs
|I have looked to find the method of having my UDM show up in the PPs. My PPs have UDM n/a. Can some one steer me in the right direction. Thank You. Chris|
|I ran into the same thing when the pps generator first came out (before I switched over to sql mode.) |
Jeff will probly jump in and correct me if I'm wrong - but it's gotta be 1 of 2 things:
1. UDM display in pps is enabled in the program for sql mode only. Not enabled in playlist file mode.
2. If running in sql mode and not seeing udms in pps, then it's probly a folder conflict. Double check current folder in the dfm. Reload cards, recalc races if necessry. But as long as you're running in sql mode, and have run a calc races on cards loaded into the program that are sitting in the current checked folder in the dfm: You'll see a udm list for each horse in your pps - provided you actually have some active sql udms flagging horses.
~Edited by: Charlie James on: 3/12/2011 at: 11:18:54 PM~
|From the PPs Generator Help Doc:|
"Seeing JCapper Numbers on Past Performance Data Reports --end quote
Whenever the most recent Calc Races that you have run in SQL Mode includes the same race card as the current loaded data file, the module will automatically show a table just below the rider, trainer, and horse "stat boxes" and just above the horse's "running lines" that displays JCapper numbers for the individual horse. You will also see a list of any active SQL UDMs selecting the current horse.
The JCapper numbers table that the Past Performance Generator module displays on its reports is the same table of numbers displayed on a SQL Mode HTML Report after a Calc Races.
When you are first starting out, the JCapper numbers table is driven by the default SQL Mode Report Layout.
However, you should know that the SQL Mode report layout is fully customizable by the user.
On the System Settings/System Definitions Screen, you'll find a button labeled SQL Mode Setup Wizard... A complete set of tools behind that button enables you to control everything that you see on your reports: What factors you see, the positions (or slot numbers) on the report where they are displayed, how the numbers are displayed... type of font they are displayed in, the number of decimal places, the right-left alignmnet of the numbers in each column, and whether the individual factors are displayed as whole numbers, rank only, or names. You can also define the headers used to describe the numbers displayed.
In JCapper, this is functionality is called the User's Custom Report Layout... and the definitions for it are stored in the following file: c:\JCapper\Exe\JCapper2.mdb.
Hint: Whenever you edit the report layout it is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of this file first (just in case.) "
A few bullet points:
- The seeing JCapper Numbers on Past Performance Data Reports feature - which includes the UDM list for each horse - is enabled in Sql Mode only. It is not enabled (was never intended to be enabled) in Playlist File Mode. (In my opinion, the number of programming hrs required to make it happen for Playlist File Mode was simply too steep.)
- If you are running in Sql Mode and are not seeing the numbers table at all, then you most likely have a folder conflict.
Hint: Double check/reset the current default folder in the DFM. Reload cards/rerun Calc Races. And then relaunch the PPs Generator.
- If you are running in Sql Mode, are seeing the numbers table for each horse, but have "N.A." as the UDM list for each horse: Chances are you have no active Sql UDMs flagging horses.
Hint: Create a simple Sql Mode UDM and rerun a Calc Races, followed by relaunching the PPs Generator. Something like the following expression works for purposes of creating a test Sql UDM:
SELECT * FROM STARTERHISTORY WHERE RANKJPR = 1
|Thank You Charlie for your reply. I have checked that everything is pointed to my default folder. My folder is C:\2011\, I think this might be my problem. After I create or change a SQL UDM, and everything is saved I am getting this right after I click out of the modify UDM screen...Can not create a log entry of the UDMXML history table UDM name is missing...This is after I have saved the UDM to the UDM History table by selecting the time and saving. I will continue my search. Thank You.Chris|
|Thanks Jeff. I will have my UDM flagging in the HTML view but n/a on the same race card in the PPs. All of the numbers are coming up in the PPs just n/a on the UDM area. Thanks Chris|
|OK Finally got it after reading Jeff's very easy to understand solution a few times. I am still very infant on Jcapper. It takes me a few times more than the average person.I need to run the viewer in HTML one and run the live play and the pp's out of the HTML one tabs. When I was just running a single race calc and opening the live play and PP's through #2 tab they do not work. This program is rocking now. Chris|
|This thread bumped per email request...|
"Jeff, How do I go about displaying the numbers table and UDM List as part of my JCapper PPs? Thx in advance,"--end quote
First, you need to be operating the program in SQL Mode in order to display the numbers table and UDM List as part of your JCapper PPs.
To display the numbers table and UDM List for each horse as part of JCapper Past Performaces:
1. Persist the current active data folder in the DFM.
2. Load one or more card files into the program using the DFM Card Loader.
3. Get scratches and changes using the XML Button in Scratch Bot.
4. Run a SQL Calc Races on the current active data folder.
5. Click the PPs button to launch the Past Performace Generator.
6. From inside the Past Performance Generator, select a track code from the Loaded Card Files drop down. From there, select a race from the race number drop down to generate past performances for that race.
That's It! (You should see the numbers table and UDM List as part of your JCapper Past Performances.)
Note: The track code you select must match one of the loaded card files that was part of the SQL Calc Races run in step 4 above. (If you are not seeing the numbers table the first thing you should suspect is a folder conflict and/or the track code selected from the drop down not being on the same folder where you ran the SQL Calc Races or the track code not being part of the SQL Calc Races run in step 4 above.)
Note: You must have at least one active SQL UDM that "fires" in order to see UDM Names on the UDM List in your JCapper Past Performances.
If you are seeing the numbers table in your PPs but see N/A for every horse as your UDM List that means you don't have any active SQL UDMs - either that or none of the horses in the race you are looking at were flagged by any of your active SQL UDMs.
If this is the case, try creating a new/simple active UDM that will flag at least one horse in each race... something like SELECT * FROM STARTERHISTORY WHERE RANK UPR = 1 should do the trick (and from there retry the above steps.)
~Edited by: jeff on: 4/30/2014 at: 3:23:11 AM~
"Hi Jeff,--end quote
Sorry, this thread does not solve my problem. Can you please explain how there can be a "folder conflict"? I followed the instructions exactly and the udm's still do not appear on the past performances. I am 100% sure it's pointed to the right folder. Maybe you can explain to me exactly which folder it needs to point to in order to have the udm's show up? I pretty much follow your guidelines about having quarterly folders and point the default folder to the current quarter."
Let's try a more comprehensive approach...
I've started writing a web tutorial complete with screenshots and notes outlining exact steps (that if followed) will always result in both a numbers table and a UDM List populated with names of SQL UDMs flagging horses in your JCapper Past Performaces.
Here's a link to (the first draft) of the web tutorial:
Bullet points from the web tutorial itself:
"Troubleshooting/Notes: --end quote
• A "folder conflict" will prevent the numbers table from displaying in PPs when you are operating the program in SQL Mode. (So will operating the program in Playlist File Mode.)
• If you are operating the program in SQL Mode but you are not seeing a numbers table embedded in the PPs for each horse: You should assume you have a "folder conflict."
• Until you have a better understanding of how things work, try following the above steps (exactly) to avoid introducing a "folder conflict" into things. (Once you are getting a numbers table in your PPs that tells you that you no longer have a "folder conflict.")
• If you are getting N/A instead of names for SQL UDMs in your UDM List, you should assume one of the following situations as the cause:
• a. You do not have any active SQL UDMS. Hint: You'll need to create your own SQL UDMs when you make the switch from Playlist File Mode to SQL Mode. (There aren't any active SQL UDMs in the initial program download package.)
• b. None of your active SQL UDMs are flagging horses in the race you are looking at.
• If you are getting N/A instead of names for SQL UDMs in your UDM List, try the following suggestion:
Create a simple SQL UDM where the objective behind the SQL Expression driving the UDM is to merely flag at least one horse in every race. The following SQL Expression (or one like it) can be used to meet this objective:
SELECT * FROM STARTERHISTORY WHERE RANKUPR = 1
• Once you are certain that you have at least one active SQL UDM that should be flagging horses in every race, retry the above steps. "
Give the basic operating instructions in the web tutorial a try and see if something in the web tutorial itself doesn't clear things up for you.
~Edited by: jeff on: 4/30/2014 at: 5:09:25 PM~