JCapper Message Board

JCapper 101
                      -- Calc Races / Build Routine

Home Register
By Calc Races / Build Routine
SILVER01HDW
7/31/2016
3:38:16 PM
I am a little confused as to which numbers are created at what times. If I am reading the forums correctly the playlist file has most everything while the Starter History Table only includes a few things (maybe some are the same as in the playlist file).

Also, some values are calculated which I assume means I need to run the Calc races routine to get those and that they go into the playlist file?

If I run a Build routine to append everyday is that the same as running Calc races? And do those values get stored somewhere or only held in memory until I print reports?

jeff
8/7/2016
3:48:56 PM

--quote:
"I am a little confused as to which numbers are created at what times."
--end quote

--my reply:

Calc Races button
The sole purpose for running a Calc Races is to generate same day race reports for data files currently loaded into the program via the DFM Card Loader.

When you click the Calc Races button - the interface creates the forbill.txt and forjeff.txt files - as well as the report1.html file.

This enables you to see the HTML Report in the HTML Report Viewer - as well as see your UDMs in the Text report using the same report viewer.

If you are operating in sql mode when you click the Calc Races button - the interface will populate the StartersToday table with JCapper numbers.

This enables you to see JCapper numbers and your UDMs embedded in past performances generated after running a sql Calc Races.

This also enables you to see a list of your UDMs sorted in military post time order on the SQL UDM Plays Report.

Build Database button
The purpose for running a Build Database routine is to:

1. Populate the PL_Profile.txt file on the folder you are currently pointing at.

2. Populate the StarterHistory table in the c:\JCapper\Exe\JCapper2.mdb file with JCapper data if you are operating in sql mode.

When you run a Build Database routine:

Card files loaded into the program in the DFM Card Loader are completely irrelevant.

In a Build Database routine - the interface looks at the folder you are pointing at - and all race cards on the pointed to folder that have both a data file and a results file make it into your database.

Running a Build Database routine enables you to use the JCapper Data Window afterward to query your databases - and start analyzing the data itself.

If you are operating the program in sql mode - running a Build Database routine also enables you to use the JCX File Exports Module afterward to export JCapper data - or more specifically data from the StarterHistory table in the c:\JCapper\Exe\JCapper2.mdb file - out onto your hard drive in the form of a .csv file.

This in turn gives you the ability to import JCapper data into your own outside of JCapper data projects.

-jp

~Edited by: jeff on: 8/6/2016 at: 1:05:11 PM~

~Edited by: jeff  on:  8/7/2016  at:  3:48:56 PM~

Copyright 2008 JCapper Software              back to the JCapper Message Board              www.JCapper.com