|| Export reports??
|Are the export reports not available in the Silver edition or am I doing something wrong. The report comes up but the fields are blank.|
|The CXN and Track Profile Exports are enabled in JCapper Silver.|
Based on what you posted, my first best guess would be a sql mode vs playlist file mode conflict.
Data Window exports were designed to be run in playlist file mode. They were created before sql mode was created and are not designed to be run using sql mode.
Q. Are you trying to run a CXN and/or Track Profile Export while operating in sql mode?
If so, goto the User Sys Defs Screen and (temporarily) persist the playlist file mode setting. Then bring up the Data Window in playlist file mode and try again.
Let me know...
|I go to menu, click on export, click on CXN report generator, click on trainer by roi, click generate report. There are no listings, I am in play list mode.|
Do I have to build an index file or does it get the information off off the database?
I rebuilt database in playlist mode.
Do I have to do anything with the import table?
It keeps telling me no records found.
|Also I am in DRF mode. Also tried using DAT files.I am using the data in the C:\2011 file.|
Just a thought: Does Silver contain the track code for PRX??? I just added PRX to track abbreviation file. Still nothing
~Edited by: rosenowsr on: 11/4/2011 at: 6:13:32 PM~
|Based on what you posted, it appears you missed the step that involves populating the CXNSummary table that CXN export reports are based on.|
The first thing you have to do is launch the CXN Exports Module:
To launch the CXN Export Module:
1. From the Data Window Click MENU
2. Select the Data Window Menu, click Exports
3. Select CXN Export – This will launch the CXN Export Module
The second thing you have to do (after launching the module) is run an export to populate the CXNSummary table that the export reports will use as a data source. Otherwise there won't be any data for the report generator to display.
Note: This is the step that appears to have been missed.
To run a CXN Export and populate the CXNSummary table:
1. Use the Folder Nav Tools to point the CXN Exports Module at a Target Folder (if it isn't pointed at the right target folder already.)
2. Use the checkboxes to indicate the CXN Name Types to be included in your export. (I suggest checking the rider box and doing an export for riders first because there are fewer riders than there are trainers or owners. Therefore a rider export will run faster.)
3. Click the Clear CXNSummary Table button to clear the CXNSummary table prior to running the Export. Do this only if you actually want to clear the table first.
4. Click the Run Export Button. Use the dialog box that pops opens to select and open a PlayList or QuickIndex File. This actually "runs" the Export.
(Hint: It's just like running a Data Window query.)
The Module will compile summary data for the name types selected in step two for whatever records exist in the selected PlayList or QuickIndex File and write that data to the CXNSummary table in the JCapper2.mdb file in the c:\JCapper\Exe folder.
After populating the CXNSummary table, THEN use the report generator to display reports.
|Works great. Thanks|